The Night Before The Exam
- Read your study sheets as usual
- Go to bed early and get a good night's sleep
The Day of The Exam
- Set your alarm and get up early
- Eat a good breakfast such as simple sugar (fruit juice), complex carbohydrates (cereal or toast), and protein (milk, eggs, meat & cheese. This will help your sugar level at a stable level, since your brain runs on sugar, you don't want to have an empty tank.
- Caffeine has shown to increase alertness and performance. If you are a habitual user of caffeine, make sure you get the adequate dose.
During the Exam
- If you feel tense, take a deep breath and try to relax.
- Keep your eyes regularly on the clock while taking the exam.
- Allow enough time to finish the entire test. Avoid focusing on one question and running out time on the others.
- Read the entire exam before beginning the writing. In other words: Know your enemy first.
- Be sure you write your matric no.
- Read the questions second time before beginning the writing.
- Use the entire exam period rather than rushing through the period.
Essay Writing Tips
- Read the question carefully and analyze what teacher wants in the answer. If the questions have several parts, use these parts to structure your answer.
- Use the writing processes: brainstorm, organize, outline, add supporting information, write, revise and edit.
- Write a version of a classic five-paragraphs essay. (Content, Explanaition and Example)
Allahummar zuqna fahman nabiyyin hahifzom mursalin wailhamal malaikatul muqarrabin. Birohmatikaya arhamar rahimin. Ameen.